This pattern measures 4.5" / 11.3cm H x 10.5" / 26.7cm W and is made of durable 10 ml food grade plastic for high-quality, professional, repeat use.
- Airbrushing - Secure your stencil and spray - experiment by overlapping with different colours or spray new shades on different sections of the stencil.
- Dinkydoodle Cake/Chocolate Spray - Even without an airbrush, you can achieve beautifully blended stencilling with these easy-to-use sprays. For the full range, click here.
- Royal icing - Place your stencil directly onto the cake or onto rolled-out modelling paste. Make sure the cake has had time to dry. Place dollops of royal icing, the same colour as the cake, to help hold the stencil in place; then spread the royal icing evenly over the stencil using a scraper or palette knife. Gently pull off the stencil and leave your beautiful design to dry.
- Lustre dusts - Place on a cake that has been freshly covered with sugarpaste; roll over the stencil with a rolling pin; smear white vegetable fat over the exposed pattern; then using a soft brush dust with lustre dust. Alternatively, you could mix the dust with clear alcohol to turn it into paint.
- Chocolate - Play around with different colours of chocolate. Spread melted chocolate over the stencil onto a hard chocolate. Your chocolate needs to be liquid enough to give you a clean coating, but make sure it isn't too hot or it will melt your chocolate base.
- Icing (powdered) sugar / Cocoa powder / Sanding Sugar - Gently sprinkle through the stencil onto a cake top - but easy does it! The lightest of touches will give you the best effect. You can also use these on brownies, cookies, cupcakes, or even ice-cream and drinks.
- Be creative - Use the stencils to give that extra touch to your dinner parties. Stencil directly onto the plates and serving dishes, using butter or sauces. You could even try stencilling directly onto your food!